Apple-Cinnamon Baked French Toast (adapted
10 (3/4 inch thick) slices of day old French
6 eggs, lightly beaten
2 3/4 cups milk
2/3 cup packed brown sugar, divided
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
4 medium apples (peeled cored and thinly
3/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1 Tbsp butter
- Place bread in a 13 X 9 inch baking dish.
- Combine the eggs, milk, 1/3 cup of the sugar and
vanilla. POur half of this over the bread. Top with half of the apple.
- Combine the cinnamon, nutmeg and remaining sugar.
Sprinkle half of this over the apple.
- Top with the remaining apples.
- Pour the remaining egg mixture over the apples
and sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture.
- Dot with butter.
- Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes
- Bake uncovered at 350° for about
1 hour or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let
stand about 5 minutes before serving.
List (items you will need)
Items (items you may already have)