Apple Muffins (Adapted from allrecipes.com)
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup apple juice (add a splash more if
it seems dry)
1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup apples (peeled cored and diced)
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Grease the bottoms only of 12 muffin cups or line
with baking cups.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, sugar, baking
powder, cinnamon and salt. Mix well.
- In a small bowl combine the apple juice, oil and
egg. Blend well.
- Add dry ingredients all at once. Stir just until
the dry ingredients are moist (the batter will be lumpy). Stir in chopped
- Fill the cups about 2/3 full
- Bake for 18 - 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted
in center comes out clean. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pan.
- Serve warm or cover and store for a quick breakfast
during the week.
List (items you will need)
Items (items you may already have)
whole wheat flour
vegetable or canola oil