Eggplant with Lentil Stuffing
2 medium sized eggplant
1/2 lb pancetta (cubed)
1 lb bag of dried lentils
2 cinnamon sticks
1/4 tsp toasted ground corriander
1/2 Tbsp ground black pepper
1/2 cup cooked rice
4 oz goat cheese
- Cook the pancetta in a large, heavy bottomed pot
(as you would bacon). When the pancetta is browned add 6 cups of water,
the lentils and the two cinnamon sticks.
- Allow to simmer for about 20 minutes or until
most of the water has been absorbed.
- Cut your eggplant in half lengthwise and scopp
out the insides. You can either toss the scooped out eggplant into the
pot (chop it up first) or you can discard it.
- Preheat your oven to 350° and set your hollowed
out eggplants in a baking dish. I placed mine against the corners to
help to stabalize them.
- Remove the cinnamon sticks from your lentils and
add the black pepper, cooked rice and the ground corriander (toast corriander
seeds in a warm sautee pan and then grind)
- Fill the eggplant with a mounding pile of the
lentil mix and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Top with goat cheese crumbled andheat for about
5 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve!
List (items you will need)
Items (items you may already have)