Mint Pomegranate Brownies
3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp mint extract
1 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup chopped pistachios
1 cup POM Wonderful 100% Pomegrante Juice
3/4 cup sugar
- Make POM Syrup using the 1 cup of POM
Wonderful combined with 3/4 cup of sugar in a small saucepan. Bring
to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes
until the mixture is reduced to about 1/2 cup. Stir frequently.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease a 13 X 9 baking pan.
- Micorwave unsweetened chocolate and butter
on high for 1 1/2 - 2 minutes until the butter is melted. Stir in the
chocolte until meleted. Stir in the sugar.
- Whisk in eggs, vanilla and mint extracts.
Add flour and chocolate chips. Stir well and spread into your prepared
- Drizzle 1/4 cup of your POM Syrup over
the batter, swirl with a kitchen knife to create a marble like effect.
- Bake for about 25 minuted or until the
top is firm. Be careful not to overbake.
- Cool in pan for about 15 minutes. Top
with the chpped pistachios and drizzle the remaining 1/4 cup of the
POM Syrup over the brownies and allow to cool completely before serving.
***You can garnish this with some of the
arils (seeds) from a fresh pomegranate placed on a dallop of whipped cream.
List (items you will need)
semi-sweet chocolate chips
POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice
Items (items you may already have)
all purpose flour