Peach and Blackberry Crisp
5 cups peaches ( peeled, sliced) and black
2 - 4 Tbsp of brown sugar
1/2 cup regular Quaker Oats
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 cup butter
- Pre heat oven to 375°
- Place fruit in a 8 X 1 1/2 " round
baking dish (or any other small dish that you choose), stir
in the 2 - Tbsp brown sugar.
- For the topping, in a mixing bowl combine
the oats, brown sugar, flour, nutmeg, ginger and cinnamon. Cut in butter
until the mixture looks like coarse crumbs. I usually use my fingers
to do this. It seems to mix it faster.
- Sprinkle topping over the fruit.
- Bake in a 375° oven for 30 to 35
minutes or until fruit is tender and topping is a nice golden color.
- This can be served warm with ice cream.
List (items you will need)
Items (items you may already have)
Whole wheat flour