Sweet Potato & Apple Bake
4 lg. sweet potatoes
4 Tbsp. butter
1 cup maple syrup (I used a #3 special for
3 Granny Smith apples (peeled cored and
1 cup apple juice
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Microwave the potatoes until they are
cooked through. When cool enough to handle cut them into 1/2 inch slices.
- Oil a 9X13 baking dish.
- Arrange half of the sweet potatoes as
a bottom layer, layer half of the apples on top of that.
- Pour 1/2 of the butter, 1/2 of the maple
syrup. Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon and cloves.
- Repeat the layers and pour the remaining
maple syrup and butter.
- Pour apple juice over all and sprinkle
lightly with cinnamon and cloves.
- Cover and bake for about 40 mins. Uncover
and continue baking fro an additional 10 mins.
- This can be served hot from the oven
or heated bake up again at dinner time!
List (items you will need)
Granny Smith apples
Items (items you may already have)